Attorney Beltran is experienced in RICO matters. RICO, which stands for the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act, provides for civil remedies for persons injured by those who commit a wide range of federal crimes. Many states, including Florida, also have state RICO acts. RICO is a powerful tool for civil litigation because a prevailing plaintiff may collect treble (triple) damages plus attorney fees. Attorney Beltran has handled many RICO claims, including:
- Litigating against individual who defrauded purchaser of antique automobile.
- Litigating against former employees of television auction company who accepted kickbacks, stole merchandise, misrepresented artwork, and stole IP and trade secrets.
- Drafting civil RICO complaints against trucking companies stealing client’s property from unattended loading docks.
- Defending various New York financial institutions in law suits arising out of the “subprime mortgage meltdown.”
- Litigation against car dealership that committed fraud and other illegal acts in connection with the sale of an automobile.
Because the powerful RICO statute has a number of intricate requirements, persons seeking representation in a RICO matter should seek an attorney with experience in such cases.